top of page
Search

St Mary's footbridge



St Mary's Halt opened in 1892, was named after the church across the track from the platform. The lattice footbridge was cast in the Sun Foundry, Glasgow, belonging to George Smith & Co. The foundry dates from 1859-1899. It was restored by the Dean Forest Railway and re-opened on 11th March 2019, it is a grade-11 listed bridge it links to St Marys Church which is a 12th century church (look out for a further blog on the church), https://youtu.be/3BLT7D40GXk.



1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


Every day is a Sparkle day

bottom of page